Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lets talk about XP Deus! (Read 3548 times)
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator

I love Detecting!

The Land of YaBB
Lets talk about XP Deus!
27. May 2014 at 23:28

Hi,
Noticed how quiet this forum has become lately, so lets get a discussion going.

I believe that the XP Deus must now be the most popular metal detector, used by Pembrokeshire Prospector Society members.
I know a lot of members have traded in their previous machines such as their Minelab E-Tracks and Minelab Explorer SE's along with the Whites DFX detectors etc.
Was buying the XP Deus a good decision?
What is the thing most liked about the XP Deus, is it the it's lightness, along with the freedom of the wireless headphones?
Is it any deeper than previous detectors owned?
And has anyone experienced problems with their XP Deus?   Cry

Gratefull for any feedback
Regards
Steve
(still a non Deus owner at present!)  Undecided

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Garrett-Man

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Lets talk about XP Deus!
Reply #1 - 29. May 2014 at 20:08

I think it's hard to say if it's better or worse than some other makes,but for me personally have a weak hand and arm it's about the weight and that was a factor in my decision  Wink

IP Logged
Hoard Dreamer

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 01. Jun 2014 at 17:23

Having been down a rough road with the xp deus, I feel I am getting to grips with it Cheesy That said it is not a straight forward detector & to any person considering buying should speak to other owners for their opinions. As you know they are not cheap I have had my nine inch coil replaced under warranty, and now my 11" coil has broken down! Cry The worst part is that it has to go back to France fo' repair or replace') & I have been given an estimated time of 1 month to get this back Shocked However I will be emailing deus to see if they can hurry this up. Watch this space Wink

IP Logged
Hoard Dreamer

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 18. Jun 2014 at 11:22

Well Nigel of Regtons (Main Dealer for Deus) was very helpful in getting my coil back quicker and now works well. Smiley XP replaced the ciruit boards, although they could not find a problem with the original circuits. I consider this excellent service because it was an intermittent fault (albeit 75% of the time out of action) and we all know what that can mean Roll Eyes

IP Logged
ARG
Global Moderator

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 18. Jun 2014 at 23:37

Glad your back in business Phil.
ARG Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print