Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  News:
Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Money and Medals Wales Training Day. (Read 5473 times)
Ameribrits

I Love YaBB 2!

pembroke
Money and Medals Wales Training Day.
03. Mar 2017 at 17:56

As well as the Coins, Tokens and Medals day on Saturday 25 March there is this on the day before. I found it and thought it might be of interest to some of the members.

Money and Medals Wales training day

Swansea Museum
Friday 24th March 2017, 10:00-16:00

The very first Welsh Money and Medals training event will be held in Swansea on the 24th of March. This introductory numismatic training event will be free to attend and will focus on subjects such as storage, display and identification of coinage. There will also be a practical workshop session on numismatic pinning techniques.

To book a place please contact Emma Williams, Collections & Access Officer,
Swansea Museum: emma.williams4@swansea.gov.uk

IP Logged
Ameribrits

I Love YaBB 2!

pembroke
Re: Money and Medals Wales Training Day.
Reply #1 - 07. Mar 2017 at 21:55

Since posting the above I have booked two places on the Friday training day. However we have been told that it is only for museum staff. Sorry about this, I should of checked before posting it. The reply is below.

Hi Sue,
So, I have checked with Henry who is running and co-ordinating the course and I can confirm that the training on the Friday is primarily intended for people from museums as all the training is specifically geared around museum best practice. Also, some of the advice given in the training talks is security sensitive and therefore not intended for an audience beyond the museum sector.

I am sorry but I canít therefore accept your booking for the Friday session but I would really love to meet you on Saturday! I work quite closely with the two Swansea detecting groups and as a Pembrokeshire girl myself I would love to meet members from the Pembs Prospectors!

Looking forward to meeting you both on the Saturday then!

With very best wishes,
Emma

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print