Deus Version 4 (Read 697 times)
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator

I love Detecting!

The Land of YaBB
Deus Version 4
15. Mar 2017 at 20:35

Hi,
Has anyone updated their Deus to V4 yet. Is it worth the hassle?
Will V4 make it an improved machine. Grateful for any feedback from those who have already updated.
Thanks,
Steve

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Garrett-Man
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Deus Version 4
Reply #1 - 15. Mar 2017 at 22:16

It seems to me that this update is targeted at the customer's who detect for   gold in the Americas and Australia , hence the H F coils , and those who want to control the new probe . I do not plan on buying either so will stick with the 3.2 software .

IP Logged
Hoard Dreamer

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 16. Mar 2017 at 11:49

I have downloaded V4 today and have not yet been out with the detector to test it. However I have used the hidden XY screen previously and it has been a bit of a nuisance as it did not do certain things which meant coming out of the programme to pinpoint etc.
They have now a free standing programme which you can open with XY on it. Smiley
There are other refinements throughout but the download is free.
Now we come to the bitter bit, I lost my download lead amongst lots of other leads that look alike so I bought a new one Sad you can guess the rest, yes I found it so I now have a new spare lead which cost 15,95. Sad. If you can't find yours I will sell for 5 (members only).
Happy Hunting. Phil

IP Logged
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator

I love Detecting!

The Land of YaBB
Reply #3 - 16. Mar 2017 at 19:54

Hi Phil,
Don't sell your lead, you will need it for Version5. When is V5 coming out? LOL

I think I will stay with version 3. Version4 seems all geared up towards one getting the new coils with more frequencies, and also the deus probe.
However V4 does offer a new Reactivity of 2.5 which is meant to make the deus run faster and deeper. It also offers a built in Hot Pro programme and a Deep programme. One thing I dont like is that V4 apparently reduces coil and headphone battery life.

Perhaps the improved reactivity might tempt me to go V4.
I will have to think about it !
Regards,
Steve

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Hoard Dreamer

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 17. Mar 2017 at 10:50

I have tried it on my testbed & I may have to learn this set up again. There are 2 xy screens, one is no. 6 (deep)& the other No. 9.(Hot).  The reactivity setting 2.5 does not seem to do so well as the 3, the effect being the xy is not so stable on 2.5 so you will have to stay with 3 & lose some depth!  Sad
There is a new setting for Disc, you can now go below zero to -6.4  !! Can't work that one out.
Some of these programmes are on TX Power 3, so a bigger drain on the battery.
I will add some more later today.
Phil

IP Logged
Hoard Dreamer

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 18. Mar 2017 at 11:13

Well on the field I tried 2 programmes, 6 & 9. Both have the xy screen. The screen was unsteady on the new 2.5 react setting but ok on setting 3. The depth was not great so I tried Prog 2 GM Power and it was a real blaster without any changes!!  Smiley
Try any faint signal with 6 or 9, then try Prog 2 on the same target, see what happens.

IP Logged
YaBB Administrator
YaBB Administrator

I love Detecting!

The Land of YaBB
Reply #6 - 18. Mar 2017 at 14:40

Hi,
It seems to me, that unless you intend to buy one of the new Deus HF (white) coils, which have higher frequencies primarily intended for gold prospecting, or to buy the Deus probe, then there is not much to be gained by updating to Version4.
The Hot programme is basically a tweaked up version of Deus Fast and we have that already in Version3 along with Goldmax Power and most of us have other tweaked up Two Tone, Three Tone Deep type programmes as well with Version3.
People are going to buy those White HF coils, only to be frustrated when they start getting superbly deep signals on mainly tiny dust like pieces of lead etc. in our UK soils. They will certainly be needing the new Deus probe, that is for certain !
Steve

The Administrator.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print